Essendine works hard to keep absences to a minimum as time away from school can have a significant impact on your child's learning. If your child is ill and cannot attend school, please telephone the school on 0203 329 0201 and speak to the receptionist, giving details of your child's class and reason for absence.
Essendine Primary School provides a Welfare Officer who liaises with parents and children. The Welfare Officer, in most instances, carry out a home visit and will then be the liaison between the parents, the child and the school for all pastoral needs. This also includes monitoring and following up on absences. If you need to contact Miss Nairuz Breich, our Welfare Office, you may do so via the school telephone number above.
- Raise level of school attendance and punctuality through working with the locality teams across the local authority
- Enforce school attendance through use of statutory powers conferred by the Education Act 1996 and the Anti-Social Behaviour Act 2003
- Provide information on Children in Entertainment and juvenile work and issue licenses to children for these purpose
- Provide support to families through multi-agency working
- Assist pupils without school places to find schools or alternative provision
- Offer information and support to families who home educate their children